Bortolussi Family Law: Our sole focus is Family Law.
We are a Family Law Firm in Vaughan and we are looking to grow others’ legal careers. We are currently looking for exceptional talent to join our firm of exceptional staff. Since 1984, Bortolussi Family Law has served thousands of clients with their family law issues. We serve the Vaughan and Greater Toronto Area where we live, work and be part of the community. Opportunities are listed below, so please get in touch and let’s talk.
Associate – Vaughan
Bortolussi Family Law is a full-service boutique family law firm in Vaughan. We offer a team-orientated and collegial environment where the highest quality of client service is paramount.
We are currently seeking to add a full-time Associate with three years of family law litigation experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and is passionate about the practice of Family Law.
- Provide effective, timely and user-friendly advice and support to clients and other team members;
- Review, draft, and negotiate a broad range of legal documents including domestic contracts, pleadings, Factums and legal opinions;
- Identify and analyze a variety of legal issues and have the ability to distill large volumes of information into focused and simplified language to effectively advocate on behalf of your client;
- Conduct legal research and analysis and provide legal advice and direction based on your findings;
- Responsive to client communications;
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, and Court hearings and effectively advocate on behalf of your clients; and
- Prepare legal opinions on new legislation and the impact it may have on specified demographic groups.
- LL.B. or Juris Doctor, qualified to practice in Ontario, and a member of the Law Society in good standing;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in family law litigation;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong litigation skills and drafting skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, public speaking, and interpersonal);
- A strong ability to prioritize competing demands and the ability to work under pressure;
- Effective in virtual and in person hearings, negotiations and meetings;
- Proficient in DivorceMate, PCLaw, DocuSign, Adobe, Zoom and Office 365;
- Excellent customer service skills; and
- Organized, with excellent file management skills.
Interested candidates should not only have a strong passion for family law, but they should also possess high academic credentials.
If you think are the right fit for this opportunity, please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com.
Family Law Clerk – Vaughan
We are Family Law Boutique looking for an experienced law clerk. The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of family law experience.
Legal Required Skills: interviewing clients, preparing financial statements, affidavits, orders, and continuing records; drafting pleadings, agreements and other legal documents; proficiency in Divorce Mate and PC Law.
Please email your cover letter, resume and references in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.